Saturday, June 13, 2009

My new job

I started my new job round about a month back, working for a dude called JD (the anonymous guy from the last post). Right now, I'm working out of Ceres, talking to the banks and the repo men, bargain-hunting for my new employer.

What are we looking for? It's no secret now that the 'neumann fabbing model has kicked economies systems-wide into a death-spiral, or that the media howl of "something must be done" is about lead to some seriously drastic (and probably calamitously stupid) action from our dear leaders. Before that happens, my job is to find a self-rep cabable fab cheaply enough to suit our ridiciulously modest budget; with repos and bankruptcies domino-effecting their way through the business sector out here, this might even be possible.

So why do we want it? Haven't we heard the fab model is dead? What about getting shut down when the new anti-'neumann trade barriers clang shut? Well, with the project we have in mind, let's just say that local political issues won't really be an issue for long....

No comments:

Post a Comment