Friday, June 12, 2009

All about the blog

So, there's this thing I've got myself involved in: a small group of like-minded (we hope!) people who think we've got a chance to turn a combination of a few interesting technologies into a really special opportunity.

I got hooked sitting in a passenger lounge at Mars High, watching a news 'caster giving us the latest gory details on the economic meltdown (no news to me, worse luck - the portofolio that was going to pay off my mortgage next year would barely cover my garden furniture today). The guy next to me was looking like the cat that got the cream; I had him pegged as a short seller, but he turned out to be a lot more interesting than that.

Essentially, this dude was betting the entire net worth of himself and several dozen buddies and investors that they, as a tiny private enterprise leveraging the latest and greatest in 'neumann fabbing and their own particular talents, could get into a game traditionally reserved for state actors. Market conditions were apparently ideal, but the plan was missing a few elements - one of which, on the strength of 30 minutes of conversation, my new friend seemed to think was me.

"So, " he said, "want to help steal a star?"

Well, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment